He advises on a broad range of issues, including cross-border M&A, private equity deals, joint ventures and reconstructions. Sean’s clients include private equity houses, banks and financial institutions, company directors and shareholders, and insolvency practitioners.
Sean previously practiced as a Corporate & Financial Securities lawyer with PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal (Sydney & London) and also brings a breadth of tax knowledge having also worked for KPMG.
His experience includes:
- acting for a global soft drinks company on a restructure of its food businesses;
- acting for a US$200m global advertising company on its global Sterling and US Dollar debt restructure and various cross-border acquisitions;
- representing the interests of a global sports company and negotiating key contracts with the Gauteng Provincial Government of South Africa in the lead up to the FIFA World Cup 2010, and conducting similar negotiations with the Sao Paulo Government of Brazil, Bahrain Economic Development Board, and the Government of the People’s Republic of China;
- advising and drafting a £40m Guaranteed Convertible Loan Note for a telecommunications company;
- advising on the establishment of a joint venture agri-business project in Mexico including negotiating tax subsidies and government debt guarantee with the Mexican Government, debt funding from the World Bank and HSBC, and private equity investors;
- advising a listed-PLC travel group on the strategic acquisition of several travel companies on behalf of one of the worlds largest travel groups;
- advising the World Bank on the use and appropriate structure of weather derivatives in agri-business and mining industry