The employment team at Elborne Mitchell has a strong reputation and extensive experience in handling a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters for both employers and employees. Our specialist knowledge of the insurance industry is reflected in our skills in advising companies, directors and key executives in the insurance business on all aspects of employment matters and disputes, including;
- Team moves;
- Board room disputes and executive departures;
- The drafting of service agreements and employment policies, including bonus arrangements;
- Advising on dismissals including unfair dismissal and redundancy;
- Shareholder disputes;
- Advising on the enforceability of garden leave provisions and post termination restrictive covenants;
- Incentive arrangements relating to shareholding including advice on “phantom” share schemes, employee management incentives, share option schemes;
- TUPE transfers.
A key area of our employment practice is advising employers (both current and prospective) and employees in managing high-level executive and team departures and in avoiding and resolving the disputes which can often arise in such situations. We are frequently called upon to advise on issues such as the misuse of confidential information, breach of contract, enforcement of restrictive covenants and claims for damages and compensation. We are experienced at handling such disputes when they occur, whether in court or in the employment tribunal. We have an experienced team of lawyers which can move swiftly when necessary to obtain injunctive relief or to defend such applications.
Our aim is to provide an effective and cost-efficient resolution of such disputes. Early advice often avoids costly problems and unwelcome publicity. If you would like to speak in complete confidence on any such matter, please contact Kate Payne.